Antiviral medications are drugs designed to combat viral infections by inhibiting the replication and growth of viruses in the body. Unlike antibiotics that are meant for bacterial infections, antivirals are specifically tailored to treat viral infections such as influenza, herpes. Using antiviral drugs can help reduce the severity and duration of symptoms, lower the risk of complications, and prevent the spread of infections to others. However, it is essential to note that antiviral medications are most effective when administered early in the course of an infection.
At our Canadian pharmacy online, we offer an array of antiviral medications to assist you in effectively managing and treating viral infections. Here are 10 products:
- Oseltamivir (Tamiflu): A neuraminidase inhibitor used for the treatment and prevention of influenza A and B, which can reduce the duration and severity of flu symptoms when taken early in the infection.
- Acyclovir (Zovirax): An antiviral medication primarily used to treat herpes simplex virus infections, including cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles. Acyclovir helps reduce the severity, duration, and frequency of outbreaks.
- Valacyclovir (Valtrex): A prodrug of acyclovir, used to treat herpes simplex virus infections, including cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles. Valacyclovir offers enhanced oral bioavailability, allowing for less frequent dosing.
- Tenofovir (Viread): A nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) used in combination with other antiviral medications to treat HIV infection, as well as chronic hepatitis B infection.
- Raltegravir (Isentress): An integrase inhibitor that, when combined with other antiviral medications, helps treat HIV infection by blocking the virus’s ability to replicate and spread within the body.
- Ribavirin (Rebetol): An antiviral medication used in combination with interferon or other antiviral drugs for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection.
- Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi): A nucleotide analog used in combination with other antiviral medications to treat chronic hepatitis C infection by inhibiting the virus’s replication process.
- Famciclovir (Famvir): An antiviral medication used to treat herpes simplex virus infections, including cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles, by inhibiting viral replication and reducing symptom severity and duration.
- Amantadine (Symmetrel): An antiviral medication used to treat and prevent certain strains of influenza A, as well as to manage Parkinson’s disease symptoms.
- Zanamivir (Relenza): A neuraminidase inhibitor administered through inhalation, used for the treatment and prevention of influenza A and B infections.
It has been suggested that Ivermectin, Plaquenil, and Chloroquine may have potential as antiviral treatments. Ivermectin is primarily used to treat parasitic infections but has been studied for its possible antiviral properties. Plaquenil and Chloroquine are typically prescribed for autoimmune conditions, but studies have investigated their potential antiviral activity against COVID-19. It is crucial to note that the effectiveness and safety of these drugs in treating viral infections are still under investigation, and their use should only be discussed with a healthcare professional.